Tuesday, April 11, 2006

at last. finally.


Finally, my own blog.

Suffice to say I've been wanting to do this for a long time ever since I came across similar hullabaloos of the kind. Only that I never got the time to do it until now.

You know that feeling? When you're inside the shower staring at the bathroom walls, or just plain idle lounging around counting cobwebs on the ceiling and then suddenly a barrage of ideas comes knocking at your mind's door. Problem is, you're trapped. Helpless. And you ask yourself, "What to do with all of them?"

In the past I'd usually try to keep my resolve to write down whatever I could for posterity's sake, but by the time I picked up the nearest pen and paper or got myself comfortably settled in front of a humongous MS Word screen, suddenly they just aren't there. And I realize, perhaps they will never be.

Funny, strange, philosophical, foolish even - but it's true.

Yet this blog will be more than just a granary for these ideas. It's a (somewhat) secluded area, a virtual extension of myself, another "hemisphere" of my cerebral hemispheres where I can freely rant and rave and go wild without anybody ever giving a damn.

I suppose to sum it all up without needlessly inserting any more superfluous detail would be to take a few lines from that good old Carpenters song:

“Inside my head wheels are turning,
Hey sometimes I’m not so wise.”

My mind has wheels.

May they keep on turning.

No comments: